The ParkPlus System has revolutionized the way Calgary residents and visitors to the city pay for parking – with exceptional results. Calgary’s experience has shown substantive improvements in efficiency, effectiveness and overall customer satisfaction.
The ParkPlus System replaced a system of single space meters accepting coins or value added smart cards with the following results:
- More than 15% increase in net operating revenue.
- Payment compliance improved by 19%, increasing from approximately 75% of parked vehicles in 2006 to almost 90% in 2014.
- Disputed tickets fell by 60% because of improved ticket quality and the effectiveness of photographic evidence.
- Curbside parking space utilization increased by 10% as the removal of marked stalls provided for more efficient use of curb space by smaller vehicles.
- 38% reduction in enforcement staff: Ten enforcement staff now issue the same number of tickets for non-payment as did 16 staff before implementation of the ParkPlus System.
- Seven maintenance and collections staff now to do what 13 did before – a 46% improvement.
- 35% reduction in the number of pay stations required on street, as compared to typical pay and display systems.
- A 2013 Ipsos-Reid customer survey showed 88% of customers overall (and 92% of cell phone payment customers) were satisfied or very satisfied with the ParkPlus System.